The PSB Bank Principles of Privacy
PSB Bank is responsible for the Personal Information under its control and will designate one or more persons to ensure organizational accountability for compliance with the Principles of Privacy. All PSB Bank employees are accountable for the protection of Customers’ Personal Information.
2. Identifying Purposes
PSB Bank will identify the purposes for which Personal Information is collected, at or before the time the information is collected.
Consent is required for PSB Bank’s collection, use, or disclosure of Personal Information, except where mandated by law. When Customers apply for a product or service offered by PSB Bank, consent is deemed to be granted. Express consent may be obtained verbally, in writing, or through electronic means. Alternatively, consent may be implied through Customers’ continued use of a product or service following PSB Bank’s notification of changes.
4. Limiting Collection
Personal information collected will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by PSB Bank.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
PSB Bank will not use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those for which the information was collected, except with the Customer's consent or as mandated by law. PSB Bank will retain personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for collecting such information and compliance with any legal requirements. PSB Bank employs retention standards that meet these requirements. PSB Bank will destroy Personal Information when it is no longer required.
Personal Information will be maintained by PSB Bank in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date format as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which the Personal Information was collected and is to be used.
PSB Bank will protect Personal Information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of such information.
PSB Bank will make readily available its policies and practices relating to the collection and management of Personal Information.
PSB Bank will inform Customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their Personal Information and will provide access to their personal information, subject to any legal restrictions. PSB Bank may require written request for access to Personal Information and in most cases will respond within thirty days of receipt of such requests. Customers may verify the accuracy and completeness of their Personal Information, and may request the Personal Information be corrected or updated, if appropriate.
10. Challenging Compliance
Types of Personal Information that may be collected and used
Depending on the product or service being requested, the following Personal Information may be collected from any source. This is not an exhaustive list.
• Identification information such as name and date of birth
• Contact information such as your name, address and personal home numbers
• Documents to verify your identity such as a driver's license, passport or utility bill
• Current financial figures such as annual income, assets, liabilities
• Health information if a customer would like to apply for certain insurance products
• Information on third parties, such as a spouse or children
• Information about authorized persons when dealing with a legal entity, such as a corporation
Reasons PSB Bank collects Personal Information
PSB Bank is committed to providing innovative financial products and services. Customers may request or apply for new products or services or require these services provided by PSB Bank to be maintained (collectively the "Services"). PSB Bank collects and uses Personal Information for the purpose of providing its Services.
PSB Bank may review and analyze Personal Information which is provided by or collected about the customer for the following purposes:
• Verify Customer identity
• Check and verify employment
• Obtain a credit report and exchange information with a credit bureau
• Understand Customer needs
• Determine the suitability and eligibility for Services to the Customer
• Send Customers information about products and Services
• Set up and manage services
• Provide Services on an ongoing basis
• Meet legal and regulatory requirements
• Manage and assess our risks and to prevent or detect criminal activity
Your Personal Information is used for proper purposes only
Refusing or Withdrawing Consent
Subject to some restrictions, Customers can at any time refuse to consent, or continue to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of their Personal Information by notifying PSB Bank. Withdrawal of consent may impact PSB Bank's ability to provide or continue to provide Services. Customers cannot refuse collection, use, and disclosure of their Personal Information if such Personal Information is required to:
• Fulfill the terms of any contractual agreement made by the Customer
• Be collected, used or disclosed as required by any law
• Be collected, used or disclosed as required by regulators, including self-regulatory organizations
Questions, Complaints and Access
If you need to update or correct your address, phone number, or payment information please contact PSB Bank Customer Service Department at 432-2002.